Shropshire & Daniel Building, 1920-22 11th Avenue South, c 1922.
Before the day of the self-service supermarket, Five Points had a variety of specialty grocers, fruit and vegetable vendors and "creameries" selling baked good and salads in addition to dairy products( as Fred Jones, above). This building was originally a double storefront housing Shropshire & Daniel, a specialty grocery, and Carl Coddell`s Highland Creamery. It was the second Five Points location for Shropshire & Daniel, who were replaced in their 20th Street location by, ironically, a new fangled self service store named Piggly-Wiggly.
Shropshire & Daniel remained here until the company was dissolved in 1939.